Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Psalm 119:105 [Veterans day]


I had photos for Veteran's Day. HAD being the key word. Tomorrow I will be thinking of 3 of my cousins who are "active duty". Wait... Julie might not be, She's pregnant again [congrats Julie!] Then there are the formerly served. My Father-in-Law is a Veitnam Vet [U.S. Marines], brother-in-law [U.S. Marine reserves], & my gal, my wife [U.S. Army reserves]. I'm thankful & proud of all of them.

The photo above is the only one I'll post here, for now. Tonight was an end to a wonderful day. Got to get caught up @ work. I was supposed to have a meeting, well, I think I was. I didn't end up having that meeting, which was a wonderful blessing. Because God & I meet at the Common Grounds Coffee Bar. Where I took pictures of an exibit I have come to call Psalm 119:105. [or "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet & a light unto my path."] I especially love looking at it at night. So, with help from Fred & Jay [friends from my Growth Group], I took pictures. Pastor Steve, Jay & Fred will tell you, I'm like a little kid on Christmas when I start taking pictures. I felt a bit embarrassed when Pastor Steve "caught" me. He understood, though. I just loved this exibit. It just really "made an empression". DeAnn wants copies of my photos. So, in case she wants to post any, I'm gonna let her post some first. I'll post some after a little. If she posts any I'll link to them, here.
If you get the chance, thank a Veteran tomorrow [especially if your related to one]. They have/ are protecting our country, our freedom, our world. They go into harms way for us. They are someone's parent, child, sibling, friend, co-worker. Our flag wouldn't fly, & it wouldn't mean anything, if they weren't there to protect it. What it stands for. And who stands behind/ beneath it.

[forgive me, I don't know them all. However, you can comment the ones I'm missing]
Semper Fi
"Fair Winds and following seas"

[a little humor I found for soldiers, thanks Tom Philo Photography blog]

When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend.

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate - - the bombs always hit the ground.

If the enemy is in range, so are you.

The difficult we do immediately. The impossible takes a little while longer. - U.S. Navy Seabees

When in doubt empty the magazine.

If God had meant for us to be in the Army, we would have been born with green, baggy skin.

Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.

"You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me."

Odd objects attract fire - never lurk behind one.

Incoming fire has the right of way.

There is no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole.

No combat ready unit has ever passed inspection.

[the rest are here, just scroll down]

Thanks to all of our Veterans. Thanks to LW for the coffee bar, & for letting it be turned into an art gallery. Thanks to DeAnn for giving me the green light to photo this exibit. Thanks to Travis Thompson for building this. [you may have copies, just ask]. Pastor Steve, I hope I wasn't too intrusive.
Night all,
B
[p.s. if you can't wait look at DeAnn's here]

No comments: